FERO tells the stories of entrepreneurs, creatives, and makers. Through their stories, we explore the intersection of technology with design, business, science, and culture.
In our short time of existence, we’ve accumulated a total of 12,000 + quality social media followers that include startup founders, designers, creatives, and executives from Silicon Valley and beyond. Some of these followers are from prominent organizations such as Oculus, Tinder, and Microsoft!
Our proof of concept print issue (issue zero) debuted on the bestseller list on the self-publishing platform Blurb and has been featured on Magazine Wall, Cover Junkie and on the graphic design section of Behance. We have also been approached by internationally renowned bookstores to stock our magazine.
Interested in joining our small team of passionate collaborators? We would love to discuss more of what we’ve already accomplished and what we’ve set to accomplish with the addition of your talent and skillset when you apply!
Apply for one our open positions by filling out the form provided at the bottom of this page.
Digital Marketing Intern
If you’re curious, keep up to date with the latest digital marketing trends and have a few ideas on how to leverage social media and digital platforms in order to grow an audience, we would love to hear from you! We’re on a mission to find our 1,000 true fans and are looking for someone with a passion for digital and social media marketing to join our team and help us significantly grow our audience and create an engaged community.
- You have experience with new technology, social media, and digital platforms
- You are detail-oriented, organized, and passionate about building online communities
- You are driven, and committed to always learning more and honing your craft
- You are resourceful, creative and capable of critical thinking
- You are a team player and enjoy working in collaborative fashion
What you will do at FERO:
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, email, and social media campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests (A/B testing)
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide insight and perspective for adoption where appropriate
This is an approximately four-month position that will start in September and end on December 31, 2017.
It’s still very early in our existence and we’ve made great financial sacrifices in order to launch FERO and grow it to where it is today. Because of this, the only way we can pay you is to give you a commission of 15% on each magazine sold through our site. We will also pay you a small stipend at the end of your tenure to show our gratitude (the amount will depend on the success you help us achieve). Your compensation will include two free copies of our print magazine.
This position is a great fit for a university student looking to acquire further work experience, a recent grad looking to build up their portfolio or anyone looking to help build a brand from the ground up. We are looking for someone who fits our mold: an inquisitive, passionate, hard worker looking to create opportunities for themselves. This is an opportunity to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and play a big role in building something special from the ground up.
If you’re the right person to join our team, please fill the form below. Please be ready to provide samples or a portfolio of your work.
All currently open positions require just a 12 to 15-hour weekly commitment.
Since we are still a very small team, the positions we are offering aren’t coffee fetching positions. Your contributions will make a real and noticeable impact on our magazine and offer you a level of experience that working in a larger organization can’t match.
Your location is not very important. We are more interested in finding the right people to work with than we are where you live.
We will try our best to reply to all serious applications, but may not be able to get back to all applicants if we receive an overwhelming amount of applications. In such a case, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. We greatly appreciate your interest in joining FERO.
*The last two boxes on the contact are required and must be filled. These two boxes don’t have the word required next to them due to current technical difficulties.